Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Teach for America? Can they bring that Creativity We Need?

Something new that I came across when I went home was Teach for America. I discovered this because I was wondering why they were so many new really young teachers at my old public high school. One of my former teachers told me that allot of teachers from this program are teaching in deficient poor parts of the state since we are really short on teachers. They are people ranging from those who have just finished undergrad and have bachelor's degree to older more experienced people. When they finish the program, they have a really good chance of getting into some of the top graduate schools. They are paid during the program in order to pay off any loans and things they received during their undergraduate year. I was wondering does teach for america bring the creativity we need in our education system. Most of the teachers are very young and inexperienced, but get the hang of it after their second year of  teaching. Teach for america has a very high success rate, and I was wondering, is the high success rate due to an introduction of creativity, intrinsic motivation, or what?

Is it due to the creativity they bring or is it the intrinsic motivation they inspire in their students. I will speak more on this once I really figure it out. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment