Monday, April 18, 2011

Color Your World


        The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most.  John Ruskin

I really have been wanting to do a blog on colors and creativity because the first thing that pops into my head when I think of creativity is colors! One of things I was trying to see in my inquiry project is can different sounds and images affect creativity. Another thing that I think can influence creativity is certain colors.Certain colors are said to bring out different emotions and feeling and people. For instance, people say they feel calm and collected in rooms that have a blue background. In a yellow interior room, people are said to feel cheerful and light. I think that colors have a huge role in affecting the feeling and moods of people therefore affecting a person's creativity. If a person sees a blue sea, they will feel calm, however, if they see a red sea, they will feel anger and passion. Here's a chart of what different colors mean. 



I believe that color is important and by putting a certain colors in an environment, i honestly believe it can enhance creativity in people. What do you think?  
 
 
Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. Oscar Wilde

 
Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions.Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment